Three ways to get started
Essentials 4 Data Support revolves around the online course material. In addition to acquiring knowledge, practicing and sharing this knowledge are key points.
Course versions and enrolment
There are three different ways to take the course:
- Online only (without registration)
You have access to the chapters in the learning environment and can study them in whatever way that suits you and meets your learning needs. You will not have access to most assignments and quizzes.
Start the online only course
- Online only with user profile
When you register, you will be able to comment on the texts (through Post Comments) and start and engage in discussions on Google Groups. You will also see which sections you have already studied. As in option 1, you will not have access to most assignments and quizzes.
Register and start the online only course
- Full course (online + face 2 face with certificate)
- The full course starts with a course day during which you will meet your fellow course participants, your instructors and a number of experts in the field. The instructors will also explain the structure of the online part of the course.
- Until the second course day (about six weeks later) you will have time to study the content of the online learning environment. Among other things, you will be asked to do a current topic assignment, create a data management plan, reflect on your learning process, comment on a case about the legal framework for research data and end with an assignment of your choice.
A private forum (visible to you, your fellow course participants and the instructors) is used for sending in assignments and to post discussions.
- The second course day focuses on presentations by the course participants and an evaluation. In addition, a number of experts will talk about their own experiences and you will receive a certificate – provided you have completed all assignments.
- Enrolment form new course date 2018.
Time investment for the full course
In addition to the two course days, the average online study load is four to six hours per week (50 hours in total).
- The online-only versions are free.
- The full course costs € 695, exclusive of VAT.
Course dates and location
Next full course:
New course round will start in April 2018:
Spring 2018 ourse: Group meetings on Thursday 26 April (4TU.ResearchData, Delft) and Thursday 7 June (SURFsara, Amsterdam).
In the intervening period: online course materials and weekly assignments.
You can start with the online-only versions at any time.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.