Chapter I overview
This chapter discusses a few of the basic concepts you can refer to during this course. If you take the complete course, these building blocks also serve a background information for the current topic assignment.
After this chapter:
- You will be able to indicate what information is considered research data;
- You will know what open data is and you can define the various stages of openness;
- You will be able to explain that the meaning of this research data varies per target group and per phase of the research lifecycle;
- You will have a broad overview of the commonly used definitions in the data supporter’s field of work;
- You will know a number of sources of information to help you become up-to-date in the field.